Haryana clears 10 pct reservation for 'economically backward classes'
- PDP, BJP seal alliance to form government in Jammu & Kashmir
- RK Pachauri, accused of sexual harassment, quits UN climate change panel
- Centre's land bill is anti-farmer, says Kejriwal at Anna protest rally
- SpiceJet launches low-fare offer for Holi; one lakh seats on the block
- BJP defends Bhagwat, claims Mother Teresa admitted she was not a social worker
Hence, annual income of the family of the applicant should not cumulatively exceed Rs 2.50 lakh per annum for entitlement in category of 'economically backward class', the release said.
In case any person in the family is income≠tax or wealth tax payer, benefit of reservation would not be extended.
Besides, the applicant or family should not be in Class-I or Class-II services of Government of India or State Government level or equivalent or hold any equivalent post in any statutory Board/Corporation/University/Society/Trust or an equivalent position in any public or private limited company or in any international organisation.
In case, the family is engaged in a profession as doctor, lawyer, chartered accountant, income tax consultant, financial or management consultant, engineer, architect, computer specialist, film or TV artist, play write, author, model, media personnel or holds any elected or appointed office either under the Constitution or in terms of any statute out of which emolument or salary is paid, criteria of income shall be applicable.
The family, as described above, should not be employed in any military or para-military services in the rank of 2nd Lt. or above in the Army or any equivalent rank in other forces or Para-Military forces.