Haryana CM to flag open Rapid Metro on Dec 15
- 1984 riots: Akalis protest over Capt Amarinder Singh's clean chit to Jagdish Tytler
- Supreme Court issues notice to Goa Police, agrees to hear Tejpal's bail plea in sexual assault case
- India does not need a govt that makes Hindus fight Muslims: Rahul
- Giriraj Singh defiant despite FIR, says he stands by his 'Modi critics must go to Pak' remarks
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Uma Bharti says Robert Vadra will be in jail if NDA comes to power
Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda along with Union Minister for Urban Development Kamal Nath will officially inaugurate the Gurgaon Rapid Metro on December 15.
Gurgaon Deputy Commissioner Shekhar Vidhyarthi said though the Rapid Metro began its operations on November 14, the formal inauguration was yet to be done.
"The Rapid Metro was opened early keeping in mind the convenience of the public. The official inauguration will take place on December 15," he said.
The chief minister will also lay the foundation stone of a state-of-the-art government college in Sector 51, Gurgaon, the same day.
"This college — Rao Tula Ram Government Commerce College — aims to provide opportunities to students who want to study commerce as a subject but currently have to go all the way to Delhi," Vidhyarthi said.
The educational institution will be constructed at a cost of approximately Rs 28 crore. "It will have a faculty on a par with that of Shri Ram College of Commerce in Delhi," he said.
District officials said the college would come up in an area of 10 acres. The college will have a main building, an auditorium, separate hostels for boys and girls, a residence for the college principal and two residences for hostel wardens.
- 21-year-old dies in road mishap, one injured
- Ask Badals where is Ludhiana Metro: Bhattal to locals
- Arrests in priest murder case divide Catholic Church
- Short Change: EPFO to allot permanent account number to active subscribers by Oct 15
- India Inc profit set to grow, but margins under pressure
- Mulayam: Will amend Constitution for Muslim quota