Haryana DGP dismisses constable for molestation
- PM Narendra Modi calls meeting to review 'Most Favoured Nation' status to Pakistan
- BK Bansal, senior bureaucrat, commits suicide along with son at his Delhi residence
- US presidential debate: Trump, Hillary Clinton deny their own words
- Nine out of ten people in world breathing polluted air: WHO
- Behind the voices at Maratha rallies, an anti-Dalit tone
Taking a serious note of the incident of eve teasing of a minor girl allegedly by a constable of Haryana Armed Police in Ambala, the state Director General of Police Shriniwas Vashisht today dismissed him with immediate effect.
"If anybody is found indulging in such activities, similar action would be taken against him," Vashisht said, adding that the constable Sunil Kumar had been found guilty of eve teasing a girl in Ambala last week.
- Power struggle within weakens Samajwadi Party already undergoing an identity crisis in UP
- Preventive detention is being routinised as an instrument of state repression
- The challenge of garbage is set to grow, solid waste management plans need to be implemented
- After Uri, a replay of a 2001 predicament
- Any response to Uri must factor in Pakistani state’s relationship with non-state actors
- It is assumed that Blacks will vote 93 per cent for Clinton, seven per cent for Trump