Haryana gets new policy for affordable EWS housing
The Haryana government has formulated a policy in order to provide affordable housing to Below Poverty Line (BPL) families in the state. Stating this on Friday, Minister for Housing Satpal Sangwan said, "Under this policy, 50 per cent of Economically Weaker Sections (EWS) plots of the size 50 sq mtr will be taken from land belonging to private colonisers in licenced area. The land will be transferred to Housing Board at a subsidised rate of Rs 500 per sq yard for construction of flats for BPL families."
- Why my newspaper responded to Assam Rifles notice
- India is indebted to Shanti Bhushan for undoing Indira Gandhi’s 42nd Amendment
- Now that Bihar’s women have voted, what about their economic rights?
- Sedition and political speech
- Indian channels have a lot to learn from the international coverage of 13/11
- Europe’s challenge: Find a political solution to the quagmire in West Asia