Haryana gets new policy for affordable EWS housing
- Malaysia signals missing plane carrying 239 including 5 Indians has crashed
- Disquiet in BJP as M M Joshi, Sushma raise questions over selected candidates and seat sharing
- Subrata Roy arrest row: The not-so-beautiful story
- Vajpayee wanted Modi to quit over Gujarat riots, but party said no: Venkaiah Naidu
- Rest in freeze: Is Ashutosh Maharaj 40-day âclinically deadâ or a guru in a very long meditation?
The Haryana government has formulated a policy in order to provide affordable housing to Below Poverty Line (BPL) families in the state. Stating this on Friday, Minister for Housing Satpal Sangwan said, "Under this policy, 50 per cent of Economically Weaker Sections (EWS) plots of the size 50 sq mtr will be taken from land belonging to private colonisers in licenced area. The land will be transferred to Housing Board at a subsidised rate of Rs 500 per sq yard for construction of flats for BPL families."
"The state director general of Town and Country Planning, has identified 10,000 plots to be transferred to the Board, possession of 4,741 plots has been taken. Possession of the rest will be taken as and when development works are completed. Construction work of 6,525 flats on 2,207 EWS plots has been taken up," Sangwan added.