Haryana gets new policy for affordable EWS housing
- Modi government softens stand on controversial Land Acquisition Bill, says ready for talks
- Gangster Abu Salem sentenced to life imprisonment in Pradeep Jain murder case
- Went to casino for dinner with family, apologise for my choice of venue: Moin Khan
- Ready to discuss issue of alleged stealing of Petroleum ministry documents: Government
- Salman Khan black buck poaching case: Jodhpur court defers verdict
The Haryana government has formulated a policy in order to provide affordable housing to Below Poverty Line (BPL) families in the state. Stating this on Friday, Minister for Housing Satpal Sangwan said, "Under this policy, 50 per cent of Economically Weaker Sections (EWS) plots of the size 50 sq mtr will be taken from land belonging to private colonisers in licenced area. The land will be transferred to Housing Board at a subsidised rate of Rs 500 per sq yard for construction of flats for BPL families."
"The state director general of Town and Country Planning, has identified 10,000 plots to be transferred to the Board, possession of 4,741 plots has been taken. Possession of the rest will be taken as and when development works are completed. Construction work of 6,525 flats on 2,207 EWS plots has been taken up," Sangwan added.