Haryana gets new policy for affordable EWS housing
- Zero-tolerance towards communal violence, must act: Centre to states
- Varanasi: Violence breaks out during protest march, vehicles set ablaze
- Germany our natural partner, says Modi after meeting Merkel; 18 MoUs inked to boost trade
- Why the BJP finds itself in a spot before Gujarat local body polls
- Supreme Court suspends beef ban in Jammu & Kashmir for two months
The Haryana government has formulated a policy in order to provide affordable housing to Below Poverty Line (BPL) families in the state. Stating this on Friday, Minister for Housing Satpal Sangwan said, "Under this policy, 50 per cent of Economically Weaker Sections (EWS) plots of the size 50 sq mtr will be taken from land belonging to private colonisers in licenced area. The land will be transferred to Housing Board at a subsidised rate of Rs 500 per sq yard for construction of flats for BPL families."