Haryana govt to purchase school desks for Rs 100 cr: Edu minister
- Hang me if I have committed crime, no apology: Modi
- Fifth phase of Lok Sabha elections in 121 seats on Thursday
- April 16 campaign roundup: Narendra Modi in firing line of Gandhis
- N Srinivasan faces serious charges, canât return until probe: Supreme Court
- Kolkata Knight Riders seal opener in comprehensive fashion
Haryana Education Minister Geeta Bhukkal on Monday said that the state government has issued orders and set aside a budget of Rs 100 crore to purchase desks for government schools. She was speaking during the annual function of Government Senior Secondary School Sarhol in Gurgaon.
Bhukkal inaugurated nine rooms constructed under Sarv Shiksha Abhiyan (SSA) and dedicated separate toilets for girls, boys and physically challenged students. These toilets have been constructed in the school premises by Maruti Suzuki India Limited (MSIL) under its Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR). Car market leader Maruti Suzuki India Limited has also supported the infrastructure up-gradation of the school. Officials said that with this, students of government schools will get dual desks soon.
Elaborating on the steps taken by the state government to improve standard of education and provide quality education to students, Bhukkal said that the process of appointing more than 14,600 school lecturers was in progress and 9,000 more JBT teachers will be recruited to overcome shortage of teachers in government schools. She said that the state government will also recruit class-IV employees in schools.
Recently opened a women only university at Khanpur Kalan in Sonepat. Bhukkal said that an only girls' medical college has also been started.
School nurture policy to be implemented, which will enable alumni who have attained success in various fields of life, to help in development of school.
In order to motivate schools to beautify their premises, state government has started Mukhyamantri Sondryakaran Puraskar under which a prize of Rs 5 lakh is given to the school which comes first at state-level in terms of beautification. Similarly, Rs 3 lakh for school which comes first at district level and Rs 2 lakh for school coming first at Block Level. Bhukkal also congratulated Government Senior Secondary School Sarhol for bagging first prize this year at district level.
- Candidates’ wives prefer to be known by husband’s nickname
- A year on, ‘serial molester’ in police net
- Raakhi Birla’s road show fails to stir locals
- Rights panel bars school from forcing out student for ‘misbehaviour’
- Force India out to prove podium was no fluke
- Mohali openers involved in record 587-run partnership