Haryana govt to purchase school desks for Rs 100 cr: Edu minister
- Not RSSâs job to chant âNamo, Namoâ, canât cross limits: Bhagwat
- Malaysia Airlines flight case: âFakeâ passports mystery deepens
- Mocking Nitishâs âPM hopesâ, Modi woos Muslims, Yadavs
- Kejriwal accused of influencing TV interview
- Dalit teen canât pay to cheat in exam, immolates himself
Haryana Education Minister Geeta Bhukkal on Monday said that the state government has issued orders and set aside a budget of Rs 100 crore to purchase desks for government schools. She was speaking during the annual function of Government Senior Secondary School Sarhol in Gurgaon.
Bhukkal inaugurated nine rooms constructed under Sarv Shiksha Abhiyan (SSA) and dedicated separate toilets for girls, boys and physically challenged students. These toilets have been constructed in the school premises by Maruti Suzuki India Limited (MSIL) under its Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR). Car market leader Maruti Suzuki India Limited has also supported the infrastructure up-gradation of the school. Officials said that with this, students of government schools will get dual desks soon.
Elaborating on the steps taken by the state government to improve standard of education and provide quality education to students, Bhukkal said that the process of appointing more than 14,600 school lecturers was in progress and 9,000 more JBT teachers will be recruited to overcome shortage of teachers in government schools. She said that the state government will also recruit class-IV employees in schools.
Recently opened a women only university at Khanpur Kalan in Sonepat. Bhukkal said that an only girls' medical college has also been started.
School nurture policy to be implemented, which will enable alumni who have attained success in various fields of life, to help in development of school.
In order to motivate schools to beautify their premises, state government has started Mukhyamantri Sondryakaran Puraskar under which a prize of Rs 5 lakh is given to the school which comes first at state-level in terms of beautification. Similarly, Rs 3 lakh for school which comes first at district level and Rs 2 lakh for school coming first at Block Level. Bhukkal also congratulated Government Senior Secondary School Sarhol for bagging first prize this year at district level.
- Eight held for ‘attacking’ Dalit wedding procession in Sabarkantha
- 90 airports on alert to check movement of cash ahead of elections
- Notices to 23 hospitals for withdrawing facility
- Sindhis threaten to move HC if Sindhu Sagar not cleaned
- In Mumbai, teacher’s love story with student ends in her arrest
- Govt dismisses AAP allegations
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- BJP complains to EC against Rahul over RSS remarks, seeks derecognition of Congress