Haryana govt to purchase school desks for Rs 100 cr: Edu minister
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Kejriwal attacks 'helicopter politics' of Modi and Gandhis; Priyanka says others misguiding voters
- SC sets up panel to frame guidelines for government ads ahead of polls
- Mulayam Yadav calls Narendra Modi a liar, says he changes 500 kurtas a day
- 12-yr-olds also voted in this Bihar village
- Shazia says Muslims should become 'communal' when they vote
Bhukkal inaugurated nine rooms constructed under Sarv Shiksha Abhiyan (SSA) and dedicated separate toilets for girls, boys and physically challenged students. These toilets have been constructed in the school premises by Maruti Suzuki India Limited (MSIL) under its Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR). Car market leader Maruti Suzuki India Limited has also supported the infrastructure up-gradation of the school. Officials said that with this, students of government schools will get dual desks soon.
Elaborating on the steps taken by the state government to improve standard of education and provide quality education to students, Bhukkal said that the process of appointing more than 14,600 school lecturers was in progress and 9,000 more JBT teachers will be recruited to overcome shortage of teachers in government schools. She said that the state government will also recruit class-IV employees in schools.
Recently opened a women only university at Khanpur Kalan in Sonepat. Bhukkal said that an only girls' medical college has also been started.
School nurture policy to be implemented, which will enable alumni who have attained success in various fields of life, to help in development of school.
In order to motivate schools to beautify their premises, state government has started Mukhyamantri Sondryakaran Puraskar under which a prize of Rs 5 lakh is given to the school which comes first at state-level in terms of beautification. Similarly, Rs 3 lakh for school which comes first at district level and Rs 2 lakh for school coming first at Block Level. Bhukkal also congratulated Government Senior Secondary School Sarhol for bagging first prize this year at district level.
Rajesh Uppal from Maruti Suzuki India Limited said that with an aim to motivate talented students, the company will provide special cash scholarships to outstanding students who scored positions in 10th and 12th standards. The company will also take care of health needs of the children and talks are in progress with Haryana Health Department in this regard.
- Missing plane MH370: Australia plans to use system that found Titanic
- Nandurbar helps me win in Gujarat, it will now help me win India: Narendra Modi
- Run Away Style
- Stakes high for AIADMK, DMK as TN goes to polls
- Six Bengal constituencies go to poll tomorrow in second phase
- Whistleblower alleged kickbacks, favours in ‘thin client’ procurement; NDA never completed inquiry