Haryana House calls Hyderabad twin blasts blot on humanity
- Malaysia Airlines plane with 5 Indians onboard missing, presumed crashed off Vietnam coast
- Bharatiya Janata Party releases second list of candidates for Lok Sabha elections
- No compromise with live-ins or gay rights, moral values supreme: RSS
- In Mumbai, new warship system malfunctions, Navy officer killed
- I'm not a terrorist, Modi should have met me: Arvind Kejriwal
The Haryana Assembly, on the first day of it's budget session on Friday, described the Hyderabad bomb blasts as a blot on humanity. The members also paid tributes to various leaders, including former Prime Minister Inder Kumar Gujral.
While paying obituary to the victims of the blasts, Parliamentary Affairs Minister Randeep Singh Surjewala said the heinous crime had been perpetrated to create a wedge among different sections of society. He paid homage to the victims and condemned the blasts. The House also paid tributes to the pilgrims who lost their lives in a stampede during the Mahakumbh in Allahabad. The House expressed grief over the demise of former minister Parmanand and Sonepat MP Kishan Singh Sangwan. Homage was also paid to the army personnel who lost their lives between the last and current Assembly sessions.
- Chai pe Charcha gets police protection, EC officials to check on poll norm violation
- Complaint against Kejriwal: Kutch cops gather evidence
- AAP chief to hold first public meeting in Gujarat today
- Nominations for North Bangalore primary begin
- ‘Our campaigning in the state will be out of the box’
- ‘Aai Retire Hotey’ to take the stage for 100th time today