Haryana House calls Hyderabad twin blasts blot on humanity
- Stakes high for BJP, Congress as 11 states go to polls tomorrow; A Raja, Milind Deora in fray
- Arvind Kejriwal beats BJP PM candidate Narendra Modi in Time magazine's poll
- Priyanka Gandhi continues to target Narendra Modi, rakes up snoopgate
- BJP complains to EC over St Xavier principal's criticism of Modi's Guj model of development
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Modi attacks Gandhis, says family going strong for 60 years, time to build a strong nation
The Haryana Assembly, on the first day of it's budget session on Friday, described the Hyderabad bomb blasts as a blot on humanity. The members also paid tributes to various leaders, including former Prime Minister Inder Kumar Gujral.
While paying obituary to the victims of the blasts, Parliamentary Affairs Minister Randeep Singh Surjewala said the heinous crime had been perpetrated to create a wedge among different sections of society. He paid homage to the victims and condemned the blasts. The House also paid tributes to the pilgrims who lost their lives in a stampede during the Mahakumbh in Allahabad. The House expressed grief over the demise of former minister Parmanand and Sonepat MP Kishan Singh Sangwan. Homage was also paid to the army personnel who lost their lives between the last and current Assembly sessions.
- Lalu Prasad hits out at BJP and VHP, says its leaders Giriraj Singh, Praveen Togadia are 'hate mongering'
- Gujarat model a big lie, BJP should clarify: Akhilesh
- Priyanka Gandhi continues to target Narendra Modi, rakes up snoopgate issue
- 2,700 more Muzaffarnagar riots victims apply for relief
- Shazia Ilmi's 'communal muslims' remark: BJP hits out at Aam Aadmi Party
- Battle of Varanasi: Kejriwal tears into Rahul, Modi over 'helicopter democracy'