Haryana House calls Hyderabad twin blasts blot on humanity
- Modi's appeal to the rich: 'Give up subsidised LPG'
- Distrust deepens, AAP countdown begins for easing out Yadav and Prashant Bhushan
- MS Dhoni: Smudged, but colour remains
- Maharashtra: First arrests made under new law banning beef trade
- Ribeiro an icon, I felt sad reading his piece, told the PM: Nitin Gadkari
The Haryana Assembly, on the first day of it's budget session on Friday, described the Hyderabad bomb blasts as a blot on humanity. The members also paid tributes to various leaders, including former Prime Minister Inder Kumar Gujral.
While paying obituary to the victims of the blasts, Parliamentary Affairs Minister Randeep Singh Surjewala said the heinous crime had been perpetrated to create a wedge among different sections of society. He paid homage to the victims and condemned the blasts. The House also paid tributes to the pilgrims who lost their lives in a stampede during the Mahakumbh in Allahabad. The House expressed grief over the demise of former minister Parmanand and Sonepat MP Kishan Singh Sangwan. Homage was also paid to the army personnel who lost their lives between the last and current Assembly sessions.