Haryana is ahead of Gujarat in every sphere: Hooda
- Arvind Kejriwal hits back at Jung on cancelling secy appointments
- US releases documents recovered in raid that killed Osama bin Laden
- Al Qaeda describes 26/11 Mumbai attack as 'heroic Fidai', 'blessed' operation
- Key member of Modi's poll campaign team likely to work for Nitish Kumar
- Food inspectors order recall of Maggi noodles, say it contains excess lead
Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda today said he would visit Gujarat on December 10 to apprise its people about the tremendous development made by the former in every field.
Hooda, who would address several public meetings at Surat during the visit, said, "Haryana is ahead of Gujarat in every sphere," an official release said here.
"It is evident from the statistics that Haryana is far ahead of Gujarat in terms of per capita plan budget, old age allowance, widow pension, pension to the physically challenged, Shagun Yojna, pension given to the freedom fighters and per capita income," Hooda said.
He said that Haryana's per capita plan budget is Rs 10,446, whereas it is Rs 8,380 in Gujarat.
The state is providing Rs 500, Rs 550 and Rs 700 as monthly old age allowance to more than 12 lakh senior citizens whereas Gujarat, which is three times bigger than Haryana, is providing monthly pension of Rs 300-400 to 7,21,000 senior citizen beneficiaries.
The Haryana chief minister claimed that in Gujarat, which is the birth place of the Father of Nation Mahatma Gandhi, only Rs 6,000 per month was being given to freedom fighters as monthly pension, whereas in Haryana a sum of Rs 20,000 per month was being given as a Samman Pension to the same people.