Haryana man shot dead after tiff over song played at high volume
- ASEAN Summit: PM Modi meets Chinese counterpart; discusses bilateral ties
- Congress 'anti-national', party should be 'derecognised': Sukhbir Badal
- Tejaswi Yadav takes on critics, says don't judge a book by its cover
- Sheena Bora murder case: Charges against Peter Mukerjea outrageous, says son Rahul Mukerjea
- AAP sends invite to dissident Shanti Bhushan for NC meet
A man was shot dead in Khurda village here by some people who took objection to the songs being played at high volume by a marriage procession he was part of.
Five others were also injured in the incident, which has led to tension in the village. The kin of the victim are sitting on a dharna demanding immediate arrest of the culprits, police said.
The victim was identified as Karam Singh, an employee with the agriculture department.
The incident took place on Saturday night when the marriage procession was being taken out. When it reached near Kashyap Samaj choupal, some persons present there allegedly objected to the high volume of songs being played.
One person, who was part of the procession tried to pacify those who were objecting, but he was allegedly stabbed in the stomach and injured. Some others also sustained injuries as altercation broke out between the two groups.
In between, someone in the crowd fired a shot that hit Karam Singh leading to his death, they said.
Inspector General of Police, Karnal Range, Balbir Singh visited Civil Hospital Kaithal today and promised the villagers and members of the Kashyap Samaj to allow the cremation of the body and assured of taking immediate action against the culprits.