Haryana mountaineer Mamta scales Mount Elbrus
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
After scaling Mount Everest and Mount Kilimanjaro in Africa, Mamta Sauda has added another feature to her cap having successfully climbed Europe's tallest peak, Mount Elbrus recently.
Mamta, a Haryana police service (HPS) officer, says her goal now is to conquer the tallest peaks in the remaining continents. "I scaled Elbrus on September 7. It was a great feeling, hoisting the tri-colour. In May 2010, I had hoisted the national flag on Mount Everest followed by Kilimanjaro (on June 20)," Mamta said here.
"I have conquered the tallest peaks in Asia, Africa and Europe and now I want to scale the tallest peaks in the remaining continents," she added.
Mamta said hoisting the Indian flag at some of the tallest mountains in the world gives a feeling which could not be expressed in words. "Hoisting the tri-colour at some of the tallest peaks in the world gives you a feeling that cannot be explained in words," she said.
Mamta, who was appointed Deputy Superintendent of Police by the Haryana government last year, is also excited about her role as a cop.
"The image of police as merely a lathi-wielding force has changed. If I talk about Haryana Police, it has gone hi-tech and is citizen-centric," she said.
SJOBA cricket C'ship from today
Chandigarh: The SJOBA T-10 night cricket championship will commence from September 25 at the St John's High School, Sector 26 Ground. The matches will be held daily from 6 to 11 pm, till September 29. As many as 100 ex-students of the school will display their cricketing talents during the championship. This year, at least a player from the batch of 1992 , a senior, a player from the match of 1982 and a veteran will have to be in the playing eleven. Both the senior and veteran players will have to bowl a minimum of two overs in every match and also bat by the fall of the seventh wicket. A total of six team will play in the championship and the top two teams will play the final to be played on September 30.
- Amit Shah not named in supplementary chargesheet filed by CBI in Ishrat Jahan fake encounterÂ case
- Narendra Modiâ€™s Kolkata rally â€˜okayâ€™, crowd only 50,000 : VarunÂ Gandhi
- Stop personal attacks, Rahul tells spokespersons | The Indian Express
- Nido Taniamâ€™s death: Rahul Gandhi meets Sushilkumar Shinde, questions â€˜delayâ€™ in policeÂ action