Haryana Panchayat Dept to hire 789 sports trainers
- Fake degree case: Former Delhi law minister Tomar's police custody extended by two days
- Pakistan army makes veiled attack on India, accuses it of 'creating instability'
- Missing Dornier: Intermittent signals from Coast Guard aircraft, oil spill noticed again
- Rahul Gandhi meets sanitation workers for the second day
- Ludhiana: Ammonia gas leak mishap kills 5, leaves more than 140 injured
The Haryana Panchayat Department has been handed over the responsibility of 226 Rajiv Gandhi Rural Sports Complexes for ensuring their proper maintenance and optimum utilisation. As many as 789 sports trainers would soon be recruited in the State. This was informed in a meeting of all Districts Sports and Youth Affairs Officers (DSYAOs) of Haryana Sports and Youth Affairs Department held under the chairmanship of Principal Secretary, Sports, Amit Jha in Chandigarh on Saturday. Director General Sports Department, Sudhir Rajpal was also present in the meeting. Jha directed the Technical Officers and Sports Trainers of the Sports Department to organise maximum number of sports activities in all rural sports complexes. Various sports competitions including school, college and district level sports competitions would be organised in a large number in these complexes. With a view to further promote sports in the State, directions have been issued to DSYAOs to ensure effective implementation of SPAT, he added. It was also informed in the meeting that directions have been issued to District Sports Officers to provide sports kit and better training facilities to sportspersons in 2476 villages and 48 blocks in the State covered under Panchayat Yuva Krida Khel Abhiyan (PYKKA).