Haryana police puts rapists profiles on net, 2 held for obscene MMS
- No fire NoC, Bhubaneswar hospital lost accreditation two months ago
- Four-tier GST structure proposed: low of 6 per cent to high of 26 per cent, extra on luxury goods
- Law panel seeks 1-year jail for parents who ‘abduct’ kids to foreign country
- Cross-LoC operations in past too, strikes made public as part of strategy, S Jaishankar tells panel
- Ayodhya takes centrestage ahead of UP polls
Haryana police today began putting names and details of convicted rapists on a government website even as two youths were arrested in Jind district for allegedly recording and circulating the obscene MMS of a teenager.
Haryana police have started a process to put names, addresses and crime details of at least 2,500 convicted rapists in the past about a decade on the website, a senior police official said here today.
However, while putting the details about rapists on websites police will conceal the identity of victims, state crime records bureau director Laik Ram Dabbas said.
Meanwhile, police have arrested two youths for recording and circulating the objectionable MMS of a 17-year-old girl from Popli village at Julana district of Jind.
The accused have been identified as Sumit and Praveen and are students of class 11th and 12th respectively and belong to farmers' families, SHO Rajinder Singh said.
Giving details, he said the incident took place on December 7 whereas the girl got courage to lodge a complaint on Wednesday.
He said that the accused were blackmailing her on the basis of the MMS.
Complaints on gender-related offences continued to reach police stations in Punjab.
Sushil Kumar was arrested by police for allegedly outraging the modesty of a colleague at Zirakpur in Punjab's Patiala district, police said.
Meanwhile, police arrested a 21-year-old youth for allegedly raping a minor girl, a student of class 9th, for months together in Muktsar district of Punjab, SSP Surjeet Singh said.
Gagandeep Singh often used to chase the minor and on one evening while she was going to attend tuition classes, he forcefully took her to a house at Kotkapura in Muktsar district and allegedly raped her, he said.
While two men were held for raping a minor girl in Charki Dadri in Bhiwani district, a truck driver was taken into custody for allegedly raping a minor girl at Bhawani Khera in Bhiwani district, police said.
- Sharing culture humanises India and Pakistan, banning pushes both towards war
- Court has been remarkably kind to DGP Rathore, convicted of sexual assault
- Bob Dylan speaks to both the high brow and the ordinary folk
- Free competition and access to knowledge is the default legal norm for many a nation
- South Asia needs a feminist foreign policy
- Goa was a predictable photo-op, the real deal was the trade and aid partnerships