Haryana police puts rapists profiles on net, 2 held for obscene MMS
- Naxal threat has to be quashed with a firm hand, says Pranab, as Maoists kill 16 in Chhattisgarh ambush
- Malaysia military tracked missing plane to the west coast
- AAP defends Rs 20,000 per person dinner with Kejriwal, says it was transparent
- Bhagwat cautions RSS cadres against crossing limits for BJP
- Narendra Modi's new found love for Bihar a ploy to win votes: Nitish Kumar
Haryana police today began putting names and details of convicted rapists on a government website even as two youths were arrested in Jind district for allegedly recording and circulating the obscene MMS of a teenager.
Haryana police have started a process to put names, addresses and crime details of at least 2,500 convicted rapists in the past about a decade on the website, a senior police official said here today.
However, while putting the details about rapists on websites police will conceal the identity of victims, state crime records bureau director Laik Ram Dabbas said.
Meanwhile, police have arrested two youths for recording and circulating the objectionable MMS of a 17-year-old girl from Popli village at Julana district of Jind.
The accused have been identified as Sumit and Praveen and are students of class 11th and 12th respectively and belong to farmers' families, SHO Rajinder Singh said.
Giving details, he said the incident took place on December 7 whereas the girl got courage to lodge a complaint on Wednesday.
He said that the accused were blackmailing her on the basis of the MMS.
Complaints on gender-related offences continued to reach police stations in Punjab.
Sushil Kumar was arrested by police for allegedly outraging the modesty of a colleague at Zirakpur in Punjab's Patiala district, police said.
Meanwhile, police arrested a 21-year-old youth for allegedly raping a minor girl, a student of class 9th, for months together in Muktsar district of Punjab, SSP Surjeet Singh said.
Gagandeep Singh often used to chase the minor and on one evening while she was going to attend tuition classes, he forcefully took her to a house at Kotkapura in Muktsar district and allegedly raped her, he said.
While two men were held for raping a minor girl in Charki Dadri in Bhiwani district, a truck driver was taken into custody for allegedly raping a minor girl at Bhawani Khera in Bhiwani district, police said.
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- Kejriwal Gujarat tour: The unfamiliar politician | The Indian Express