Haryana rolls out EBT for Centre's coaching scheme
- Day after Rahul Gandhi slams PM Modi, Amit Shah condemns politics over surgical strikes
- Prohibition to stay in Bihar: SC stays Patna HC judgment setting aside liquor ban
- US says does not support declaring Pakistan a 'terrorist state'
- Talk on stage at Parrikar event: 200 killed, atom bomb vs atom bomb
- Hurricane Matthew: Haiti death toll rises to 339, deadly storm hits Florida
Haryana today rolled out Electronic Benefit Transfer (EBT) scheme for Centre's special coaching scheme for students of Hisar whereby they were paid using the Aadhaar system for the first time in the country.
The scheme was launched by Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda at a function at IMT Manesar in Gurgaon district in the presence of Chairman of Unique Identification Authority of India Nandan Nilekani, an official release said.
The students were able to withdraw their scholarship amount through Aadhaar enabled micro ATMs just by providing their numbers and using their fingerprints.
Hooda also laid the foundation stone of Unique Identification Authority of India's data centre at Manesar.
He said the data centre would serve as a central repository for UIDAI to store the residents' basic demographic and biometric information captured while issuing 12-digit Aadhaar number to each resident across India.
It will support application for enrolment and authentication services, he said.
Nilekani informed Hooda that the Data Centre would come up on five acres of land provided by the Haryana government and it would be a state-of-the-art, captive green data centre as per global standards and guidelines.
- Revealing Elena Ferrante’s identity violates her desire for privacy
- Breakdown of LoC ceasefire will make it difficult for army to control infiltration
- Academic publishers suit shows how much they benefitted from intellectual commons
- Lack of unity has prevented Sindhi nationalists from pressuring Islamabad
- India must be prepared to deal with a disease that is growing globally
- Challenge for India’s leaders is to show that strength can be blended with subtlety & deftness