Haryana’s new strategy to control rising crime: Check Your Criminal
- All attempts being made to free soldier in Pakistan captivity: Rajnath Singh
- SC cancels Mohammad Shahabuddin's bail, orders police to take him into custody
- Congress and I stand by PM Narendra Modi: Rahul Gandhi on surgical strikes
- Bihar liquor ban: Patna HC strikes down govt's prohibition law, terms it 'illegal'
- LIVE: PM Modi calls second Cabinet Committee on Security meet
Explaining the strategy, Chawla said: "It's part of a three-fold strategy: CYA (criminal your are after), CTBA (criminal to be arrested) and CTP (crime against property). We are recording the details of especially those criminals, who are active in Hisar range in the last five years. There are certain criminals, for whom the members of society are ready to give sureties and assurances; but then there is another large segment, for whom, nobody is ready to bear responsibility. For these criminals, we have started this strategy of calling them to the police stations and recording their details. It shall surely help us in curbing the crime rate."
- The emergence of Akhilesh Yadav as a popular leader is an indicator of the same-old in the SP
- Poverty caused by expenditure on health has doubled in India in the past 15 years
- India’s aggressive response to Nawaz Sharif’s lies at the UN was a clear indicator of the things to come
- Let’s not allow debate about what it means to be Indian to be held hostage to jingoists and bigots
- People, policymakers can be led by subtly influencing their choice architecture
- Edit - Defining moment