Haryana to adopt e-payment system for funds transfer
- In Delhi, Hardik Patel says he will take movement across country
- Bihar: BJP hits back, says it was not a Swabhiman rally but Apman rally
- Hindu women should never marry outside community: Sadhvi Niranjan Jyoti
- Ready to amend Land Acquisition Act, ordinance will lapse tomorrow: PM
- Sheena murder case: Suitcase seized, accused taken to Raigad forest to 'recreate' crime scene
The Haryana government has directed all departments to ensure that in case of transfer of funds to beneficiaries, the drawing and disbursing officer (DDO) should allot a unique code and submit bills for online payment.
It had come to the notice that some departments were still operating bank accounts either in the name of the department head or the
DDO, for which, permission has never been granted by the finance department. This method, a spokesman said, was not appropriate hence, should be stopped immediately.
The spokesman added that whenever funds were to be drawn from the treasuries, the same need to be transferred immediately to the beneficiary. Rules did not allow the funds to be kept anywhere in between for any duration of time. However, in cases where due to some extreme circumstances the bank account could not operated upon, a proposal should be sent to the finance department for opening or continuing the operation.
"Thus, only those bank accounts will be allowed to be operated, for which, necessary permission has been taken from the finance department," he said, adding that all department heads have been directed to comply with these instructions strictly otherwise the concerned head or the DDO would be held responsible.