Haryana to get AIIMS extension, Rohtak PGI to be upgraded
- Cabinet reshuffle: Only PM Modi, Amit Shah know final list
- Alarm bells in valley, much easier for infiltrators to get through
- Priyanka as star campaigner, Congress' hopes might finally be coming alive
- Dhaka hostage siege: Terror reloaded in Bangladesh
- UP Elections 2017: Sensing ‘defeat of some MLAs’, Mulayam orders ‘secret survey’
With the Central government's nod to an extension of All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), Delhi, in Badsa village in Jhajjar district, and upgradation of PGI in Rohtak, Haryana is poised for a marked improvement in health facilities.
Recently, a team of the Union Health Ministry and AIIMS approved Badsa village in Jhajjar for setting up the AIIMS extension, following which the state government offered 300 acres to the Central government for the Rs 2,000-crore project.
The proposed AIIMS also includes the National Institute of Mental Health and the first-ever National Institute of Genetic Care, and of all the AIIMS extensions proposed to be set up across the country, the one in Rohtak would be the biggest.
- Dhaka terror attack exposes vulnerability of the state machinery in Bangladesh
- Education needs to be delinked from ideology and the job market
- Divided, volatile world ahead. Brexit could not have come at a worse time
- Agriculture needs a champion in the Union cabinet
- Next Door Nepal: Unseeing corruption
- Disconnect between government and people