Haryana to get AIIMS extension, Rohtak PGI to be upgraded
- Day after Rahul Gandhi slams PM Modi, Amit Shah condemns politics over surgical strikes
- Prohibition to stay in Bihar: SC stays Patna HC judgment setting aside liquor ban
- US says does not support declaring Pakistan a 'terrorist state'
- Talk on stage at Parrikar event: 200 killed, atom bomb vs atom bomb
- Hurricane Matthew: Haiti death toll rises to 339, deadly storm hits Florida
With the Central government's nod to an extension of All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), Delhi, in Badsa village in Jhajjar district, and upgradation of PGI in Rohtak, Haryana is poised for a marked improvement in health facilities.
Recently, a team of the Union Health Ministry and AIIMS approved Badsa village in Jhajjar for setting up the AIIMS extension, following which the state government offered 300 acres to the Central government for the Rs 2,000-crore project.
The proposed AIIMS also includes the National Institute of Mental Health and the first-ever National Institute of Genetic Care, and of all the AIIMS extensions proposed to be set up across the country, the one in Rohtak would be the biggest.
- Revealing Elena Ferrante’s identity violates her desire for privacy
- Breakdown of LoC ceasefire will make it difficult for army to control infiltration
- Academic publishers suit shows how much they benefitted from intellectual commons
- Lack of unity has prevented Sindhi nationalists from pressuring Islamabad
- India must be prepared to deal with a disease that is growing globally
- Challenge for India’s leaders is to show that strength can be blended with subtlety & deftness