Hasan Ali Khan's bail plea rejected
- Highest earners in 75% rural households earned below Rs 5K: SECC
- Ex-RAW chief's revelation: Congress seeks PM's apology for Gujarat riots
- Hema Malini's car accident: Victim's family upset with BJP MP
- Kandahar operation: BJP dismisses ex-RAW chief's claims of 'goof-up'
- Gujarat HC dismisses petition against PM Narendra Modi for filing defective affidavit
A local court in the district today rejected the bail application of Pune-based businessman Hasan Ali Khan in a fake passport case. Judicial Magistrate Sunil Kumar passed the order summarily rejecting Khan's bail plea.
The police had last week submitted a charge sheet in the court hearing the fake passport case against the businessman, who is presently lodged in a Mumbai jail.
A case was lodged against Khan under various sections of the IPC and the Passport Act in December 2010 by a passport official here after it was detected that the former had been issued passport by the regional office on the basis of fake documents.
Khan had managed to get the passport in 2010 on the basis of false information, fabricated birth certificate, residential address and ration card.
The Pune-based businessman is also an accused in money laundering and tax evasion cases.