Hasan Ali Khan's bail plea rejected
- Supreme Court strikes down Section 66A, says it violates right to speech
- Pakistan Day: PM greets, MoS VK Singh tweets #disgust
- DK Ravi's death: Govt calls in CBI, tells court he had a ‘relationship’ with batchmate
- Mufti Mohammad Sayeed says will take Army into confidence on AFSPA
- 1987 Hashimpura massacre: The photographs that stand witness
A local court in the district today rejected the bail application of Pune-based businessman Hasan Ali Khan in a fake passport case. Judicial Magistrate Sunil Kumar passed the order summarily rejecting Khan's bail plea.
The police had last week submitted a charge sheet in the court hearing the fake passport case against the businessman, who is presently lodged in a Mumbai jail.
A case was lodged against Khan under various sections of the IPC and the Passport Act in December 2010 by a passport official here after it was detected that the former had been issued passport by the regional office on the basis of fake documents.
Khan had managed to get the passport in 2010 on the basis of false information, fabricated birth certificate, residential address and ration card.
The Pune-based businessman is also an accused in money laundering and tax evasion cases.