Hasan Ali Khan's bail plea rejected
- PDP, BJP seal alliance to form government in Jammu & Kashmir
- RK Pachauri, accused of sexual harassment, quits UN climate change panel
- Centre's land bill is anti-farmer, says Kejriwal at Anna protest rally
- SpiceJet launches low-fare offer for Holi; one lakh seats on the block
- BJP defends Bhagwat, claims Mother Teresa admitted she was not a social worker
A local court in the district today rejected the bail application of Pune-based businessman Hasan Ali Khan in a fake passport case. Judicial Magistrate Sunil Kumar passed the order summarily rejecting Khan's bail plea.
The police had last week submitted a charge sheet in the court hearing the fake passport case against the businessman, who is presently lodged in a Mumbai jail.
A case was lodged against Khan under various sections of the IPC and the Passport Act in December 2010 by a passport official here after it was detected that the former had been issued passport by the regional office on the basis of fake documents.
Khan had managed to get the passport in 2010 on the basis of false information, fabricated birth certificate, residential address and ration card.
The Pune-based businessman is also an accused in money laundering and tax evasion cases.