Hate speech: Akbaruddin Owaisi voice recorded for forensic test
- Babri demolition sting an attempt to inject poison in peaceful election atmosphere: BJP
- Sentencing in Shakti Mills gang-rape case likely today, convicts may get death
- AgustaWestland chopper deal: Middleman Haschke enters plea bargain
- AAP manifesto: Jan Lokpal, justice system party's top priority
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Kejriwal attacked in Delhi, Modi slams Sonia over women's safety
The voice of jailed MIM MLA Akbaruddin Owaisi, who is facing sedition charges for his alleged "hate speech", was on Tuesday recorded by Andhra Pradesh Forensic Science Laboratory (FSL) even as a local court extended his judicial remand in the case till February 19.
Akbaruddin's voice was recorded in the court of Judicial First Class Magistrate in Nirmal town of Adilabad district by the APFSL experts and the sample will now be forwarded to CFSL Chandigarh, a senior police officer said.
"Akbaruddin was made to read out a script. However, his voice was low, as he complained of ill health. It (voice sample) seemed not upto the mark when compared to the voice of his alleged hate speech given in Nirmal in December last year," the police officer said.
The voice sample will now be sent to CFSL Chandigarh and it will be matched with his voice in the video footage of that meeting, he explained.
The Nirmal Police, which had arrested the MIM legislator from Gandhi Hospital in Hyderabad on January 8, had earlier filed a petition in the court for the test to match his voice with that on videotapes of the alleged hate speech that the MIM leader is accused of delivering on December 22 last here.
The MLA, who represents Chandrayangutta constituency in Hyderabad, is facing charges of sedition and waging war against the nation, among others.
Meanwhile, the court extended Akbaruddin's judicial remand by another 14 days.
He was booked suo moto by Nirmal and Nizamabad Police and subsequently by Osmania University police in Hyderabad and in different parts of Andhra Pradesh for allegedly making the inflammatory speeches against a particular community.
Akbaruddin, party's floor leader in the Andhra Pradesh Assembly, is currently lodged in Adilabad District Jail.
The MIM MLA has already denied before the Nirmal and the Nizamabad Police during his custodial interrogation that the voice in the video footages was of his.
- Arvind Kejriwal punched during roadshow in Delhi, AAP supporters thrash attacker
- Afghans see hope in chance to choose new leader
- Why those behind bars be allowed to contest elections, SC asks government
- Obama appoints Indian-American to key administration post
- SC refuses to entertain PIL against post-poll alliances by parties
- 700 Indian-owned cos in UK employ over 1 lakh persons: study