Hate speech: Akbaruddin Owaisi's custodial interrogation begins
- Home Ministry calls for high-level meet to discuss threat posed by ISIS
- VIDEO: 20 killed in Manipur landslide after heavy rain, several families homeless in Mizoram
- Indian Army, Chinese PLA hold maiden meet at DBO in Ladakh
- SP leader Farooq Ghosi, who demanded RS seat for Yakub Memon's widow, suspended from party
- Navy choppers gave air cover during Kalam's funeral: Defence
The Nizamabad police is today interrogating MIM legislator Akbaruddin Owaisi, facing sedition charges for his alleged "hate speech" in December last year, police said.
Akbaruddin, who is in judicial remand and lodged at the Adilabad district jail, was brought to Nizamabad town this morning and was being questioned by Investigating officer at the Armed Reserve headquarters, they said.
A court in Nizamabad had earlier granted the police two-day custody of Akbaruddin (for February 1 and 2) to question him in connection with the December 8 speech delivered by him in Nizamabad town.
Akbaruddin, was suo-motu booked by Nirmal police in Adilabad and Nizamabad II Town police, besides by Osmania University police in Hyderabad and other parts of Andhra Pradesh for allegedly delivering provocative speeches against a particular community at Nizamabad and Nirmal in December last year.