Hate speech: Akbaruddin Owaisi's custodial interrogation begins
- PM Modi discusses GST bill with Manmohan, Sonia at 7 RCR; Cong says demands non-political
- Withdraw convocation invite to Narendra Modi: Jamia Millia alumni to VC
- PoK will remain with Pakistan, J&K will remain with India: Farooq Abdullah
- Liquor ban in Bihar: Nitish Kumar's poll promise to women comes at a high cost
- Amarinder Singh appointed as new Punjab Cong President
The Nizamabad police is today interrogating MIM legislator Akbaruddin Owaisi, facing sedition charges for his alleged "hate speech" in December last year, police said.
Akbaruddin, who is in judicial remand and lodged at the Adilabad district jail, was brought to Nizamabad town this morning and was being questioned by Investigating officer at the Armed Reserve headquarters, they said.
A court in Nizamabad had earlier granted the police two-day custody of Akbaruddin (for February 1 and 2) to question him in connection with the December 8 speech delivered by him in Nizamabad town.
Akbaruddin, was suo-motu booked by Nirmal police in Adilabad and Nizamabad II Town police, besides by Osmania University police in Hyderabad and other parts of Andhra Pradesh for allegedly delivering provocative speeches against a particular community at Nizamabad and Nirmal in December last year.
- Good governance is in actions, not in 'abolishing' religious holidays of minorities
- Respecting sovereignty is the essence of bilateral diplomatic engagement
- Islam doesn’t justify targeting innocent lives in the manner in which it was done in Paris
- Imran Khan is a politician with a sense of personal destiny, and a divine mission
- Game upside down
- Why every patriot should be worried, and, yes, ashamed