Hate speech: Akbaruddin Owaisi's custodial interrogation begins
- Coal scam: Ex-PM Manmohan Singh summoned as accused in Hindalco case
- Supreme Court hands out life term to six convicts in Manjunath murder case
- AAP Delhi MLAs write letter seeking expulsion of Yadav, Bhushan: Reports
- Land to Mines to coal, Oppn stands stall in RS
- BJP line to restive RSS: our ministers may quit if PDP doesn’t behave
The Nizamabad police is today interrogating MIM legislator Akbaruddin Owaisi, facing sedition charges for his alleged "hate speech" in December last year, police said.
Akbaruddin, who is in judicial remand and lodged at the Adilabad district jail, was brought to Nizamabad town this morning and was being questioned by Investigating officer at the Armed Reserve headquarters, they said.
A court in Nizamabad had earlier granted the police two-day custody of Akbaruddin (for February 1 and 2) to question him in connection with the December 8 speech delivered by him in Nizamabad town.
Akbaruddin, was suo-motu booked by Nirmal police in Adilabad and Nizamabad II Town police, besides by Osmania University police in Hyderabad and other parts of Andhra Pradesh for allegedly delivering provocative speeches against a particular community at Nizamabad and Nirmal in December last year.
Akbaruddin, MIM's floor leader in state Assembly, was arrested by Nirmal police from Gandhi Hospital in Hyderabad on January 8 and is lodged in Adilabad district jail after being sent to judicial remand from January 9.