Yuvraj Singh dedicates man-of-the-match award to Delhi gangrape victim
- We condemn the flogging of Dalit men in Gujarat, says Rajnath Singh
- India cannot suppress voice of Kashmiris, should hold plebiscite: Nawaz Sharif
- Hockey legend Mohammed Shahid passes away
- Ambiguity on Navjot Singh Sidhu's status in BJP as no official word on resignation from party
- 7th Pay Commission: Govt to examine pay parity between IAS, non-IAS officers
Yuvraj Singh showed his humane side as he dedicated his man-of-the-match award against England to the girl, who was gang raped and is now battling for her life in a hospital in New Delhi.
A budding 23-year-old physiotherapist was gangraped and manhandled in a moving bus on Sunday, an incident which shook the nation, leading to angry outburst across the country.
Yuvraj first took three wickets and then scored crucial 38-run knock in India's five-wicket win.
"I came particularly to dedicate this Man-of-the-match award to the girl who got gangraped in Delhi. It's very sad to know what has happened and the whole team is very concerned," Yuvraj said at the post-match press conference.
Yuvraj prayed that the girl should recover at the earliest.
"I do not what is the state of the girl now. I want to dedicate it to the girl and her parents. I have been reading a lot about this and this has been very disturbing. I am sure the whole of India is rooting for her recovery," Yuvraj added.
- UN faces a crisis, but its new secretary general is unlikely to upset tradition
- South China Sea verdict has changed the ground rules for future engagement with China
- Empowering women through JAM
- Resolution of citizen grievances is an indicator of the performance of government departments
- Telescope: Grace and the lack of it
- The endeavour for a common civil law must be to end discrimination, and not stamp majority might