HC asks state, BMC to solve problems of resident doctors
- Zero-tolerance towards communal violence, must act: Centre to states
- Varanasi: Violence breaks out during protest march, vehicles set ablaze
- Germany our natural partner, says Modi after meeting Merkel; 18 MoUs inked to boost trade
- Why the BJP finds itself in a spot before Gujarat local body polls
- Supreme Court suspends beef ban in Jammu & Kashmir for two months
Bombay High Court (HC) asked the government and BMC Thursday to together find a solution to problems faced by resident doctors in state hospitals.
HC was hearing a PIL by social activist named Afak Mandaviya against protests by the doctors to demand implementation of pay hike and changes in a policy that requires them to serve in rural areas for at least a month.
Maharashtra Association of Resident Doctors, meanwhile, deferred an indefinite strike planned from January 31 till February 15.