HC asks YEIDA if it has master plan for area notified under it
- Subrata Roy sent to police custody by Supreme Court till next hearing, faces 'ink attack'
- Nitin Gadkari-Raj Thackeray closeness could 'affect' alliance, hints Shiv Sena
- TRS wonât merge, Congress readies to walk alone in both Andhra and Bihar
- Smith announces sudden retirement, says fortunate to have had many highs
- Third Front is unviable 'tired front', says Mamata Banerjee
Allahabad: The Allahabad High Court has directed Yamuna Expressway Industrial Development Authority (YEIDA) to explain whether it has formulated a master plan, which is required for regulating land use, for the area notified under it. The court sought the explanation in connection with a petition challenging the YEIDA stand that the owners of the land within the authority's purview cannot change use without its no-objection-certificate (NoC).
Girl found dead, protesters block road
Lucknow: Traffic on Delhi-Kanpur train route remained affected for more than two hours on Thursday afternoon as locals protesting against the murder of a minor girl in Firozabad blocked the tracks near Firozabad railway station. Firozabad SP Rakesh Singh said the body of a 10-year-old girl, who had gone missing a day before, was found wrapped in a gunny bag near her house in Firozabad south area on Thursday morning.
LU expels student
Lucknow: Lucknow University on Thursday expelled Swatantra Mishra, an LLB student, for manhandling examination officials after being caught cheating during sixth semester examinations of LLB, LU proctor Pawan Agarwal said.
- Russia tightens grip in Crimea, West threatens ‘consequences’
- Heavy patrolling in Sector 23 after thief leaves daring note
- Difference of opinion between Patil and UT’s senior standing counsel led to his resignation
- Commissioner to look into shady land deals in 35 villages: High Court
- Class X maths exam easy for some, tough for others
- Panchkula MC approves budget of Rs 39 crore