HC asks YEIDA if it has master plan for area notified under it
- BJP calls Rahul's take on Land Bill a 'white lie', wants him to apologise
- Presstitutes remark row: Modi says media ignoring V K Singh's good work in Yemen
- This govt is for the poor: PM Modi to BJP MPs
- 51 arrested for setting Puri-Barbil Express train coach on fire
- COAI roots for net neutrality, access to Internet for all
Allahabad: The Allahabad High Court has directed Yamuna Expressway Industrial Development Authority (YEIDA) to explain whether it has formulated a master plan, which is required for regulating land use, for the area notified under it. The court sought the explanation in connection with a petition challenging the YEIDA stand that the owners of the land within the authority's purview cannot change use without its no-objection-certificate (NoC).
Girl found dead, protesters block road
Lucknow: Traffic on Delhi-Kanpur train route remained affected for more than two hours on Thursday afternoon as locals protesting against the murder of a minor girl in Firozabad blocked the tracks near Firozabad railway station. Firozabad SP Rakesh Singh said the body of a 10-year-old girl, who had gone missing a day before, was found wrapped in a gunny bag near her house in Firozabad south area on Thursday morning.
LU expels student
Lucknow: Lucknow University on Thursday expelled Swatantra Mishra, an LLB student, for manhandling examination officials after being caught cheating during sixth semester examinations of LLB, LU proctor Pawan Agarwal said.