HC asks YEIDA if it has master plan for area notified under it
- Babri Masjid demolition case: SC issues notices to Advani, other BJP leaders over conspiracy charges
- Seven years ago, everyone saw Delhi’s air take a deadly U-turn but no one did a thing
- LIVE: 16 dead as floods ravage parts of Jammu and Kashmir
- Take this, Congress: NDA plans a memorial for Narasimha Rao
- Punjab panel books Muslims, Christians with ‘fake’ SC papers
Allahabad: The Allahabad High Court has directed Yamuna Expressway Industrial Development Authority (YEIDA) to explain whether it has formulated a master plan, which is required for regulating land use, for the area notified under it. The court sought the explanation in connection with a petition challenging the YEIDA stand that the owners of the land within the authority's purview cannot change use without its no-objection-certificate (NoC).
Girl found dead, protesters block road
Lucknow: Traffic on Delhi-Kanpur train route remained affected for more than two hours on Thursday afternoon as locals protesting against the murder of a minor girl in Firozabad blocked the tracks near Firozabad railway station. Firozabad SP Rakesh Singh said the body of a 10-year-old girl, who had gone missing a day before, was found wrapped in a gunny bag near her house in Firozabad south area on Thursday morning.
LU expels student
Lucknow: Lucknow University on Thursday expelled Swatantra Mishra, an LLB student, for manhandling examination officials after being caught cheating during sixth semester examinations of LLB, LU proctor Pawan Agarwal said.