HC bench recuses from hearing GCMMF chief's plea
- I expected to do very well but didn't expect to top it: UPSC topper
- Shiv Sena comes to BJP's rescue, says 'move to classify madrasas as non-schools not anti-religious'
- Across the Aisle: ‘Export or perish’. Have we chosen ‘perish’?
- Big Picture - ‘Why did they kill me, ammi?’
- Sunday Story: The Leader and his machine
A division bench of the Gujarat High Court (HC) comprising Justices V M Sahai and K J Thaker, on Wednesday recused itself from hearing a petition moved by chairman of Gujarat Co-operative Milk Marketing Federation (GCMMF) Vipul Chaudhary.
Chaudhary has moved the appeal against an order of a single-judge bench of the HC allowing GCMMF to implement a no-confidence motion passed against him by the board of federation. The petition is now likely to come up for hearing before some other bench of the court.
On December 5, the GCMMF board had unanimously passed the no-confidence motion against Chaudhary. He had challenged the decision before the HC.
However, on January 6, a single-judge bench of the HC dismissed the petition and allowed GCMMF to implement the no-confidence motion.
However, the court stayed the order till January 11 after Chaudhary requested the court that he wanted to challenge the order at a higher forum. Following this, Chaudhary has moved the petition before a division bench and it was listed for hearing before a division bench of Justices Sahai and Thaker.