HC bench recuses from hearing GCMMF chief's plea
- Govt signs peace accord with NSCN(IM), PM Modi calls it 'historic'
- BJP takes U-turn on land bill, agrees to bring back UPA's key provisions
- Crisis deepens: Speaker suspends 25 Cong MPs, Sonia digs in heels
- India to take up Gurdaspur terror attack in NSA-level talks with Pakistan
- JBT scam: Supreme Court upholds jail term of Om Prakash Chautala, his son
A division bench of the Gujarat High Court (HC) comprising Justices V M Sahai and K J Thaker, on Wednesday recused itself from hearing a petition moved by chairman of Gujarat Co-operative Milk Marketing Federation (GCMMF) Vipul Chaudhary.
Chaudhary has moved the appeal against an order of a single-judge bench of the HC allowing GCMMF to implement a no-confidence motion passed against him by the board of federation. The petition is now likely to come up for hearing before some other bench of the court.
On December 5, the GCMMF board had unanimously passed the no-confidence motion against Chaudhary. He had challenged the decision before the HC.
However, on January 6, a single-judge bench of the HC dismissed the petition and allowed GCMMF to implement the no-confidence motion.
However, the court stayed the order till January 11 after Chaudhary requested the court that he wanted to challenge the order at a higher forum. Following this, Chaudhary has moved the petition before a division bench and it was listed for hearing before a division bench of Justices Sahai and Thaker.