HC bench recuses from hearing GCMMF chief's plea
- Rail Budget 2015: No hike in passenger fares, Prabhu promises modern rail network
- Rail Budget: Ally Shiv Sena not satisfied, but Mulayam says Prabhu has done a 'good job'
- Rail Budget futuristic and passenger centric: PM Modi
- PDP, BJP thrash out differences; all clear for Mufti-Modi meeting tomorrow
- Hummer horror: Senior policeman suspended for secretly meeting Kerala businessman
A division bench of the Gujarat High Court (HC) comprising Justices V M Sahai and K J Thaker, on Wednesday recused itself from hearing a petition moved by chairman of Gujarat Co-operative Milk Marketing Federation (GCMMF) Vipul Chaudhary.
Chaudhary has moved the appeal against an order of a single-judge bench of the HC allowing GCMMF to implement a no-confidence motion passed against him by the board of federation. The petition is now likely to come up for hearing before some other bench of the court.
On December 5, the GCMMF board had unanimously passed the no-confidence motion against Chaudhary. He had challenged the decision before the HC.
However, on January 6, a single-judge bench of the HC dismissed the petition and allowed GCMMF to implement the no-confidence motion.
However, the court stayed the order till January 11 after Chaudhary requested the court that he wanted to challenge the order at a higher forum. Following this, Chaudhary has moved the petition before a division bench and it was listed for hearing before a division bench of Justices Sahai and Thaker.