HC bench recuses from hearing GCMMF chief's plea
- Day after Rahul Gandhi slams PM Modi, Amit Shah condemns politics over surgical strikes
- Prohibition to stay in Bihar: SC stays Patna HC judgment setting aside liquor ban
- US says does not support declaring Pakistan a 'terrorist state'
- Talk on stage at Parrikar event: 200 killed, atom bomb vs atom bomb
- Hurricane Matthew: Haiti death toll rises to 339, deadly storm hits Florida
A division bench of the Gujarat High Court (HC) comprising Justices V M Sahai and K J Thaker, on Wednesday recused itself from hearing a petition moved by chairman of Gujarat Co-operative Milk Marketing Federation (GCMMF) Vipul Chaudhary.
Chaudhary has moved the appeal against an order of a single-judge bench of the HC allowing GCMMF to implement a no-confidence motion passed against him by the board of federation. The petition is now likely to come up for hearing before some other bench of the court.
On December 5, the GCMMF board had unanimously passed the no-confidence motion against Chaudhary. He had challenged the decision before the HC.
However, on January 6, a single-judge bench of the HC dismissed the petition and allowed GCMMF to implement the no-confidence motion.
- Revealing Elena Ferrante’s identity violates her desire for privacy
- Breakdown of LoC ceasefire will make it difficult for army to control infiltration
- Academic publishers suit shows how much they benefitted from intellectual commons
- Lack of unity has prevented Sindhi nationalists from pressuring Islamabad
- India must be prepared to deal with a disease that is growing globally
- Challenge for India’s leaders is to show that strength can be blended with subtlety & deftness