HC cancels BHU ordinance on students’ council; polls on hold
- Delhi: Multi-vehicle pileup on NH-1 leaves at least five dead
- Siachen avalanche: Air pocket under 35 ft of snow kept Lance Naik Hanumanthappa alive
- Facts dispute claims by banks: write-off gallops, recovery crawls
- Upset allies Akali Dal and Shiv Sena let BJP know: Keep us in loop
- David Headley deposition adjourned for the day following technical glitch
The Allahabad High Court on Thursday struck down the ordinance passed by the Banaras Hindu University (BHU), which entailed nomination of faculty members as office-bearers of the elected students' council.