HC clears liquidation of Dunlop assets
- Navjot Sidhu: Quit RS because I was told to stay away from Punjab
- Chinkara poaching case: Salman Khan acquitted by Rajasthan High Court
- SC issues notice to Vijay Mallya on bank plea seeking contempt proceedings
- Journalists' visa issue: Chinese media warns India of repercussions
- Parliament LIVE: Speaker Mahajan advises Mann not to attend proceedings till decision arrived at
Paving the way for liquidation of ailing Dunlop India's assets, the Calcutta High Court on Monday vacated an interim stay on winding up of the tyre maker reeling under huge debts and labour troubles.
The High Court had ordered winding up of Dunlop India Ltd through a directive dated January 31, but an interim relief was later granted on this order till February 18.
Vacating the stay, a division bench of Justices Asim Kr Banerjee and SK Sinha today asked the official liquidator to take possession of the company's assets.
- BJP was not dependent on Dalits to win Gujarat. But the apathy may cost in other states
- Jayalalithaa and Mamata defend Mayawati, recast politics on gender lines
- The Worship of False Gods
- As Trump’s support cuts across traditional lines, Hillary Clinton has a tough task
- SH Raza He was the last of Progressive Artists’ Group titans. Only the Bindu remains
- The recent violence against Dalits in Gujarat is a fallout of the Sangh Parivar’s diktats on food