HC clears liquidation of Dunlop assets
- India's future cannot exist without the future of Kashmir: Rajnath Singh
- Will appoint nodal officer to help Kashmiri youth across the country: Rajnath Singh in Srinagar
- Dec 16 Delhi gangrape case: Convict attempts suicide inside Tihar Jail, rushed to hospital
- Earthquake in Italy kills 247, toll may rise as rescuers continue hunt for survivors
- Rahul Gandhi twisting statement, must show generosity, apologise: RSS
Paving the way for liquidation of ailing Dunlop India's assets, the Calcutta High Court on Monday vacated an interim stay on winding up of the tyre maker reeling under huge debts and labour troubles.
The High Court had ordered winding up of Dunlop India Ltd through a directive dated January 31, but an interim relief was later granted on this order till February 18.
Vacating the stay, a division bench of Justices Asim Kr Banerjee and SK Sinha today asked the official liquidator to take possession of the company's assets.
- Sedition law cannot be used against honest views, expressed peacefully
- India’s dependence on China for medicine ingredients is a matter of concern
- Before Balochistan, India has supported some human rights causes and ignored others
- Olympics brought many smiles — and a little bit of rancour
- Harish Gupta case involves questions about the very nature of governmental decision-making
- Tension between the executive and judiciary could play out in creative, or destructive, ways