HC disposes human rights case on MV Meem crew members
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
The Gujarat High Court on Monday disposed of a sumo motu proceeding initiated with reference to the crew members of a vessel that has been detained off the Bhavnagar coast. The proceeding was disposed of after Bhavnagar district authorities presented a report stating that the crew members had already been provided food and medical supply. The vessel, MV Meem, has been detained in high-sea following a payment dispute. Last week, a Pakistan-based human rights organisation had sent a fax to the office of the Chief Justice about the human rights issues of the crew members. The condition of one of the crew members was reported to be serious. Following the fax message, HC had last week initiated suo motu proceeding and directed Bhavnagar collector to provide food and medical facility to the crew members.