HC Judge views spl screening of 'Vishwaroopam', protests in Karna, Kerala
- Rahul Gandhi attacks Narendra Modi; highlights Congress work in Uttarakhand
- Rohtak rally: Ambani, Modi, Rahul, media â all are corrupt, says Arvind Kejriwal
- Donât discriminate between Muslims and others on false cases: Purohit to Shinde
- Fraud Office gets govt nod to prosecute Radia firms
- âStingâ journalist who reported on Amit Shah gets VIP security
In Kerala, the screening of the movie was disrupted in some parts of Ernakulam, Idukki and Palakkad districts following protests by certain Muslim outfits. PTI DSJ BDN MVG
Meanwhile, DMK chief M Karunanidhi today appealed to the Muslim community members not to prolong their protests over screening of the movie.
"A solution should be found in a democratic and consultative manner", he said in a statement here.
"The (state) government which is responsible to safeguard the law and order should also co-operate (to find a solution)", he said.
Stating that he or his party never supported any criticism or an outcry against the members of Muslim community, Karunanidhi said "no one can reject that (Tamil superstars) Rajinikanth and Kamal Hassan have enough affection and respect from the Islam society".
"No one can reject my comment that good relations must prevail between the members of Muslim community and other community", he said.