HC lifts TN ban on Vishwaroopam
- Rahul mocks Modi, says his Gujarat development model is a toffee model
- Under fire over Baru's revelation, Congress retorts by calling 'Vajpayee the weakest PM India ever had'
- Narendra Modi, party not separate, no infighting: BJP on Joshi's remarks
- BJP dancing to the tune of RSS; Lok Sabha elections battle between two completely different ideologies, says Sonia Gandhi
- Elections 2014 Live: BJP workers embarrass Murli Joshi by shouting pro-Modi slogans
The arguments by counsels representing the filmmaker, state government, Union government and Muslim organisations went on for several hours on Tuesday. The judge had first said that the verdict would be delivered by 8.30 pm, which was later extended to 10 pm. The state government's plea to stop passing the order till Wednesday morning, so as to enable it to go on appeal was turned down.
David song removed
Mumbai: Director Bejoy Nambiar has removed the song Ya Hussain from his upcoming film David over allegations that it hurt religious sentiments of Muslims. The song by Lucky Ali accompanied a sequence in the film which showed a Moharram procession. "We did not intend to hurt anybody's religious sentiments through this song. I apologise, if in any way it has unintentionally done so," Nambiar said. PTI
- Sonia, Rahul must come clean on issues raised in the books:BJP
- Security men at every step, Shinde keeps ‘safe distance’ from voters, debunks charges
- In Beed, Modi factor dents Munde’s goodwill among Muslims
- Ambareesh campaigns for Nilekani
- Raids on Bellary moneylender yield Rs 8.74 crore cash
- MP faces Amreli villagers’ ire in campaign