HC okays rly recruitment
- Target Uttar Pradesh: Narendra Modi goes to Varanasi, Rajnath Singh heads to Lucknow
- TRS rules out alliance with Congress in Lok Sabha, Assembly polls
- AAP releases sixth list; Tribal activist Soni Sori and Shazia Ilmi get tickets
- The trophy state: Behind Mizoram's clean sweep lies an extraordinary league
- Court imposes fine of Rs 2,500 each on Arvind Kejriwal, Manish Sisodia
The Calcutta High Court today gave its nod to the Indian Railways to proceed with the recruitment process of 16,000 people in Group D level.
The Eastern Railway notification of December 14 last year for recruitment of Group D staff was challenged in the High Court. The Railways has received more than 15 lakh applications for the posts for which the last date of receiving the applications was March 25.
Labour group Liluah-Belur Co-operative Contract and Construction Limited Society challenged the notification in the High Court seeking a stay order.
- BJP projected to sweep Gujarat, Rajasthan, Karnataka; Congress to get big jolt in Maharashtra
- Editors body slams Arvind Kejriwal for ‘irresponsible’ media remark, says it is a sign of ‘weakness’
- I skiI skipped rally because I was misled: Anna Hazare
- Trouble for Khobragade as govt finds daughters have US, Indian passports