HC orders status quo in Noida land case
- Facebook Townhall: PM Modi breaks down into tears while talking about his mother
- Google welcomes PM Modi at its headquarters in California
- PM Modi's top 10 quotes from Facebook Townhall
- Manipur Governor Syed Ahmed passes away in Mumbai's Lilavati Hospital
- Police order probe after meat found outside 4 temples in Jharkhand
The Allahabad High Court on Friday ordered status quo on any land acquisition process in connection with a piece of land that was allegedly transferred to a private real estate company without formal acquisition by the Noida Authority. The court has fixed March 6 as the next date of hearing.
Hearing a petition filed by Balak Ram Singh and others, a division bench of Justices Laxmi Kanta Mohapatra and Justice Sunita Agarwal said, "As an interim measure, it is directed that status quo with regard to possession shall be maintained by the parties."
The court also directed the counsel for Noida Authority, Shivam Yadav, to obtain instructions on whether the land was actually acquired or not.