HC refuses to quash allotment of plot to Mahindra & Mahindra
- Rail Budget 2015: No hike in passenger fares, Prabhu promises modern rail network
- Rail Budget: Ally Shiv Sena not satisfied, but Mulayam says Prabhu has done a 'good job'
- Rail Budget futuristic and passenger centric: PM Modi
- PDP, BJP thrash out differences; all clear for Mufti-Modi meeting tomorrow
- Hummer horror: Senior policeman suspended for secretly meeting Kerala businessman
The Bombay High Court has dismissed a petition filed by a company, Zenith Metaplast Pvt Ltd, seeking allotment of a three-acre plot in Nashik to itself and cancellation of adjacent plots alloted to Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd and an industrialist.
The court observed that the Maharashtra government and Maharashtra Industrial Development Corporation (MIDC) had acted in the interests of the state while allotting the adjacent plots admeasuring 17 acres and six acres to Mahindra & Mahindra and Nashik-based industrialist Abhay Kulkarni respectively. Zenith Metaplast also sought a writ of certiorari to quash the communications dated December 16, 2005 and June 22, 2006.