HC relief for IAS officer told to vacate house
- BJP rubbishes Geelani's claim, calls separatist leader's 'Modi emissary talk' as 'false and mischievous'
- Modi's jibe at Mulayam: âBalaatkariyon ke liye Netaji ka mann ekdum mulayam haiâ
- Malaysian Airlines MH370: 4 questions about missing plane answered
- After denying a 'Modi wave', Joshi endorses Modi as India's next PM
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, RCB vs MI: MI off to shaky start against RCB, lose Hussey early
Providing relief to Punjab IAS officer B K Srivastva, the Punjab and Haryana High Court stayed an order by the Chandigarh Administration asking him to vacate a government house in Sector 24.
The letter was issued by the Secretary House Allotment Committee, canceling the allotment of the government house with effect from November 1. Aggrieved, Srivastava had moved the high court demanding stay of the order during the pendency of his matter before the High Court. The house was allotted to him in 2000.
Srivastava was the Chairman of Punjab State Board of Technical Education and Industrial Training, but Punjab government decided to take charge of the post from him and told him to take over as financial commissioner, appeals. However, Srivastva had approached the high court.