HC reserves its verdict on CBI probe plea in chit fund scam
The Calcutta High Court on Wednesday reserved its verdict on the petition that demanded CBI probe into the Saradha chit fund scam. During the hearing, Subrata Mukhopadhyay, the petitioner's counsel, told the Division Bench of Justice Ashim Kumar Banerjee and Justice Mrinal Kanti Chaudhury that the amicus curae did not mention the letter that Saradha CMD Sudipta Sen wrote to the CBI levelling allegations against two Trinamool Congress MPs. He had also asked the investigating agency to treat the letter as an FIR.
Mukhopadhyay said the Bidhannagar police commissioner did receive Sen's letter via the home secretary but that it did not take any action.
Missing 6-year-old girl found dead
Howrah: The body of a six-year-old girl, who was missing since Monday, was found on Wednesday in Howrah district. The six-year-old, who has been identified as Sana Parveen, went missing on Monday from Bastipara area of Shibpur, said police. Her family members lodged a missing complaint at the police station alleging that she was kidnapped. On Wednesday, her body was found near the Hanskhali
khal area of Nazirganj in Howrah district. The body has been sent for postmortem, police said. Police are probing the matter and are looking into the kidnapping for ransom angle. Ens/PTI
- Activist, her aide booked for cheating in attempt to frame acquitted murder accused
- Extended Monorail running hours fails to pull crowd
- HC orders action against Essel World for causing harm to mangroves
- Cops crack bar girl’s murder case after waiter’s tip-off
- Railway to provide plastic pouches for commuter IDs
- Last safety check for Metro to begin April 18