HC restrains media on Abhishek Manu Singhvi's plea on alleged CD against him
- Naxal threat has to be quashed with a firm hand, says Pranab, as Maoists kill 16 in Chhattisgarh ambush
- Malaysia military tracked missing plane to the west coast
- AAP defends Rs 20,000 per person dinner with Kejriwal, says it was transparent
- Bhagwat cautions RSS cadres against crossing limits for BJP
- Narendra Modi's new found love for Bihar a ploy to win votes: Nitish Kumar
The Delhi High Court has restrained a media house from publishing, telecasting and broadcasting the contents of a CD pertaining to Congress leader and a leading advocate Abhishek Manu Singhvi.
"Till the next date of hearing, the defendants (media house), their agents and all others acting for and/or on their behalf are restrained from publishing, broadcasting and disseminating or distributing in any form or any manner the content of any alleged CD or any other material as described in the plaint in relation to plaintiff 2 (Singhvi)," Justice Reva Khetrapal said in an order on a civil suit filed by Singhvi.
He had sought a restraint on the media group from making public the contents of the alleged CD.
The court has also sought response by May 21 from Aaj Tak, Headlines Today and India Today and former driver of Singhvi, alleged mastermind behind the CD scandal.
"Irreparable injury is likely to be caused to the reputation and goodwill of plaintiff 2 (Singhvi) in case the defendants are not restrained from disseminating the information allegedly in their possession in the form of a CD.
"Accordingly, issue notice to defendants (one to four) which is returnable by May 21," it said.
Singhvi and his former colleague Abhimanyu Bhandari had moved the court saying they have come to know about it through some political leaders that the media house was in possession of the alleged CD.
He alleged that the CD was "forged, concocted, morphed and fabricated". Any move to telecast the alleged CD would infringe the right to reputation of Singhvi, the plea said.
- Lack of legal power hampers probe into missing Malaysian Airlines jet
- Eight held for ‘attacking’ Dalit wedding procession in Sabarkantha
- 90 airports on alert to check movement of cash ahead of elections
- Notices to 23 hospitals for withdrawing facility
- Sindhis threaten to move HC if Sindhu Sagar not cleaned
- In Mumbai, teacher’s love story with student ends in her arrest
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- Kejriwal Gujarat tour: The unfamiliar politician | The Indian Express