HC seeks govt reply on select newspapers in libraries
- SC allows Italian marine Girone to fly home after Centre backs plea on humanitarian grounds
- India's states have to help navigate country's growth: Modi tells Journal
- 'Under PM Modi, decision making has replaced policy paralysis witnessed during UPA regime'
- Economy’s green shoots yet to strike roots: Private investment still frozen
- Amit Shah nuances 'Congress-mukt Bharat': Freedom from Congress system
The Calcutta High Court on Tuesday directed the state government to file an affidavit on the PIL challenging the Trinamool Congress government's decision of making available specific newspapers at the government-run libraries in the state.
- Modi govt’s backward-looking instincts pulls down its forward-looking mission
- Judge-population ratio is not the apt parameter to determine judiciary’s strength
- Quick decision-making and out-of-the-box thinking have defined the Modi govt
- TV would be better off travelling to Marathwada, reporting the drought
- NDA government’s plans for agriculture are still to bear fruit
- Increasing attacks on freedoms in between polls must worry us all