HC seeks Pragya medical certificates from jail authorities
- Naxal threat has to be quashed with a firm hand, says Pranab, as Maoists kill 16 in Chhattisgarh ambush
- Malaysia military tracked missing plane to the west coast
- AAP defends Rs 20,000 per person dinner with Kejriwal, says it was transparent
- Bhagwat cautions RSS cadres against crossing limits for BJP
- Narendra Modi's new found love for Bihar a ploy to win votes: Nitish Kumar
The Bombay High Court on Friday asked the jail superintendent of the Bhopal District Jail to produce medical certificates to ascertain the health condition of Sadhvi Pragya Singh Thakur, the accused in the 2008 Malegaon bomb blast case. Justice Abhay Thipsay gave the direction in response to her application seeking bail on health grounds.
While the medical certificate is to be produced in one week, the bail hearing has been posted for hearing to January 11.
She is now lodged in Bhopal jail.
She had filed her plea for bail on the grounds that she has been diagnosed with third-stage breast cancer. She also claimed she has been falsely implicated in the case.
In July, too, she had moved the High Court for bail.
She subsequently withdrew her application after the judge hearing the case orally expressed his disinclination to grant bail and asked the National Investigating Agency (NIA) to ensure she gets proper medical treatment. Earlier, on June 28 this year, a Maharashtra Control of Organised Crime Act (MCOCA) court had rejected her bail plea saying MCOCA does not allow bail to anyone on medical grounds.
- Internal Maoist document targets 12 political leaders
- Forces didn’t follow SoP, says MHA
- ‘Teesta NGOs got foreign donations worth Rs 4 cr’
- Unable to pay to cheat, another student tries to kill himself in UP
- ‘Ignored’ by AAP, Mallika says won’t contest LS elections
- He didn’t want to lose a year, mother had mortgaged ring to arrange ‘bribe’
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- Kejriwal Gujarat tour: The unfamiliar politician | The Indian Express