HC sets up panel to study Saradha scam report
- Rahul seeks âlegal accountabilityâ for 2002, disputes Modi âclean chitâ
- Workdays: MNREGS short of even halfway mark
- Probe zeroes in on pilots, hunt widens to land
- Modi vs him: Kejriwal to wait for Varanasiâs voice
- Back home after serving time for 1993 blasts, 82-yr-old grateful for âsupportâ
The Calcutta High Court today set up a three-member committee to study the report on Saradha scam and submit before it a synopsis of that report on December 17.
The Division Bench of Justices A K Banerjee and Debangsu Basak has appointed advocates L K Gupta, Bikash Ranjan Bhattacharjee and Pranab Dutta as the three special officers of the High Court, who, as members of the committee, would study the Special Investigation Team's monthly report on the probe it has been carrying out. The Bench was of the view that a committee is required to study such vast volume of report.
The last such report was filed by the SIT in June, which the court hasn't read yet. The Justice Shayamal Sen committee, too, had filed a report.