HC sets up panel to study Saradha scam report
- BJP relents to Chandrababu Naidu's demands, alliance likely to continue
- Azam Khan threatens to move Supreme Court, slams EC's relief to Amit Shah
- PMO defends Manmohan Singh, says GDP has grown three times during UPA rule
- Kumar Vishwas files application alleging threat to life from Rahul and Priyanka
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, KXIP vs CSK: CSK remove KXIP openers in a hurry
The Calcutta High Court today set up a three-member committee to study the report on Saradha scam and submit before it a synopsis of that report on December 17.
The Division Bench of Justices A K Banerjee and Debangsu Basak has appointed advocates L K Gupta, Bikash Ranjan Bhattacharjee and Pranab Dutta as the three special officers of the High Court, who, as members of the committee, would study the Special Investigation Team's monthly report on the probe it has been carrying out. The Bench was of the view that a committee is required to study such vast volume of report.
The last such report was filed by the SIT in June, which the court hasn't read yet. The Justice Shayamal Sen committee, too, had filed a report.
- As EC website crashes due to overload, party workers use apps to locate voters
- An entire society in Kothrud could not vote
- Chaos, anger across city over missing names
- Mulayam pushes third front, says will stake claim to PM post
- Don’t look at my candidates, votes for me: Maya to Dalits
- AAP biggies focus on Vishwas, Kejri seats, other units suffer