HC stays case against Rajesh Khanna family
- Rajnath Singh does a Sonia Gandhi, meets top Shia clerics in Lucknow
- Gandhi vs Gandhi: Priyanka slams Varun, says LS poll not a family tea party
- Supreme Court grants recognition to transgenders as third category of sex
- SC rejects Kejriwal's plea to stay trial in defamation case filed by Kapil Sibal's son
- Modi equates Rahul with kids, says âtoffeeâ has caught his fancy after âballoonâ
The Bombay High Court Monday ordered a temporary stay on proceedings in a case of domestic violence filed by Anita Advani against the family of the late Rajesh Khanna.
Advani claims she was Khanna's live-in partner.
The proceedings in a magistrate court have been stayed till December 17 when the HC will hear the case.
Khanna's wife Dimple Kapadia and son-in-law Akshay Kumar have filed a petition to quash the proceedings.
The court asked the petitioners to appear before the magistrate Tuesday and state if they are willing to resolve the dispute through mediation.
In a complaint filed on November 8, Advani has accused Kapadia and Kumar of evicting her from Khanna's Aashirwad bungalow in Mumbai.
- Modi wave is a myth, says Siddaramaiah
- In Mandya, discordant notes in show of Cong unity
- ‘Fakir’ Jankar takes on Pawar might in battle against ‘dynasty’
- Ballot paper in Braille to help blind persons cast their vote
- AAP volunteer attacked
- 64-year-old fights for Punjabi language, gets little support from political parties