HC upholds life term for rapists
- Why Germanwings flight A320 might have crashed over the French Alps
- Indian Navy surveillance aircraft crashes in Goa; two officers missing
- Section 66A: 21 individuals whose petitions changed the system
- Government is willing to compromise on land bill: Venkaiah Naidu
- A little reminder: No one in House debated Section 66A, Congress brought it and BJP backed it
Victim's sister elated
Ahmedabad: Vaishali Joshi, sister of Bijal, said she was excited and happy with the Gujarat High Court's decision. She said she knew justice would be done.
"It was never easy to tackle police and doing rounds of the court initially. I struggled with society as well as parents who didn't take up the case. I was questioned, threatened and lured to get the case back on many occasions," she said, adding, "I was provided security cover which I still have due to those threats."
"My brother doesn't even know about the verdict and my parents have remained away from the case since the beginning. I was all alone in the journey to see this day," Vaishali said.