He Canít Stop
- Congress says Togadia spreading venom; EC seeks recording of alleged hate speech
- Akhilesh Yadav tears into Narendra Modi bastion on maiden visit to Gujarat, says third front ready to govern
- Proponents of Article 370 should say how it has helped J&K: Rajnath Singh
- 1984 riots: Akalis protest over Capt Amarinder Singh's clean chit to Jagdish Tytler
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, CSK vs DD: Raina departs after scoring valiant half-century
How did you get into the music industry?
I have been working on my music since I was 12, been in bands through school and college. I taught myself different instruments such as the keyboards and the drums. I also learnt the saxophone. In college, I studied music technology and I got into dubstep and started fiddling around with softwares. This is when I started writing music using drums and bass and synths on the computer, and mixing it with guitar.
While growing up, what were your musical influences?
I was inspired and influenced greatly by Frank Zappa, especially his approach to music. He didn't care what anyone or the world thought of him or his music. He just wanted to write. I want to be
What are your future projects?
I am writing songs now. The last two-three years have helped me learn how much I love to write and what I'm all about. In the next few months, I will finish an album, hopefully, with no collaborations.
Where do you see yourself and dubstep five years from now?
When dubstep began, it was only about dance music and people didn't know what genre it was and they chose to call it dubstep. I don't like using the word and I don't like it describing me. I have written a lot of dubstep as a genre but when it comes to describing what I'm about or what my music is about, dubstep doesn't encapsulate everything. When I started, dubstep was this cool sound to play around with. Now, people like Skream are saying that he's done all that he can with it and it's time to move on. He's not saying that dubstep is dead; it can't be.
Any dubstep contemporaries you would like to work with?
- 21-year-old dies in road mishap, one injured
- Ask Badals where is Ludhiana Metro: Bhattal to locals
- Arrests in priest murder case divide Catholic Church
- Short Change: EPFO to allot permanent account number to active subscribers by Oct 15
- India Inc profit set to grow, but margins under pressure
- Mulayam: Will amend Constitution for Muslim quota