Head of Indian Army soldier, barbarically decapitated by Pakistani troops, still missing
- Media running 'false' news to tarnish Vasundhara Raje's image: CM office
- NIA says no 'issuance of inappropriate briefing by any officer'
- ‘Emergency one of India’s darkest periods,’ says PM Modi
- Lakhvi release: Pak says India politicising UNSC sanctions committee
- AAP unveils Rs.41,129 crore Delhi's 'Swaraj' budget
There were also reports that the Pakistani troops belonged to 29 Baloch regiment.
"After the firing stopped, patrol parties moved ahead and came acoss the two dead jawans in a mutilated condition", he said. The incident took place near the Sona Gali area close to the LoC.
The Mendhar area has been the hub of ceasefire violations and cross-border firings in the last one year with close to 90 such incidents.
The area is known as the Barasingha battalion area and is under the overall command of the 10 brigade of the Indian Army.