Headmaster arrested for molesting minor girl
- 'Design in India' as essential as 'Make in India': PM Narendra Modi
- No deal over GST Bill and removal of Raje, Swaraj: Congress
- Lalit Modi offered directorship to Swaraj's husband, withdrew it later: Indofil
- Greece offers conditional okay to bailout, Germany sceptical
- UK Food Standards Agency finds made-in-India Maggi safe to eat
A Class four girl student was allegedly molested by her school headmaster in the institute premises, police said today.
The victim, student of Government Primary School, was molested by Jagdamba Prasad (59), who was drunk, Circle Officer Aruna Bhartee said.
The accused has been arrested.
Due to heavy rains, the school declared an off day but as the holiday was declared late, many students had reached the school.
The victim (11) along with her younger sister was in the school. She was sitting with other students in the class when headmaster Prasad told her to come to his office.
When the girl went to his room, the drunken headmaster molested the victim. When she opposed the act, he threatened her. He also offered her money and asked her not to disclose the matter to any one.
She then made an excuse of collecting her school bag and came out of the room and ran to her home, leaving her shoes and school bag behind.
She later narrated the incident to her family members, who reported the matter to Kalal Ghati police station