Health matters: Eye Donation
- Cabinet waives off interest amounting to Rs 660.5 crore on short-term crop loans
- Kamal Haasan on cop committing arson during Jallikattu violence: Give us explanation
- Feb 1 Budget fine, don’t talk of plans, work done in poll states: EC to Govt
- Donald Trump to dial PM Narendra Modi today: Here's what they could discuss
- Vadodara: Shah Rukh Khan rides train to promote Raees; one dead
Over 970 people have registered to donate their eyes to various eye banks in Pune including Nayampalli eye bank at Sassoon hospital, AFMC eye bank, Jankalyan at Ruby Hall, H V Desai eye hospital and more from July 1, 2011 till June 30 this year. At a function held in the memory of the eye donors and organized by Rotary Club of Poona Downtown and District Blindness Control Society, Dr Huzaifa Khorakiwala, CEO Wockhardt foundation said that eye donation is the best way to honour a loved one who is no more. Nearly 200 relatives of the deceased eye donors were felicitated on the occasion. Dr Sangita Wagh, Dr Pranav More, Brigadier T S Ahluwalia were present at the event.
A continuing medical education programme on injection and sharps safety was held at Rao Nursing home. Health care workers from various hospitals attended this program. The CME hosted this event to spread awareness about the increasing incidence of unsafe injections and needle stick injuries. Dr S T Pardeshi, acting chief medical officer of the Pune Municipal Corporation, Dr N P Rao, chairman of Rao nursing home and others were present at the event.
Workshop on acute heart arrest
Hridayam Heart Care initiated Swasthya Hridayam, a workshop on acute management of sudden cardiac arrest. The workshop aims at training people for CPR (Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation) in case of an emergency with live demonstrations and talks by Dr Kiran Borude and Dr Rahul Patil. The workshop was inaugurated by Gulabrao Pol, Commissioner of Police and Dr Ajay Chandanwale, Dean, Sassoon General hospital.
Award to be given
International adjudicators of St Laurent Institute and George Washington University will present a Merit of Excellence Award in recognition of Dr Bhushan Patwardhan, Vice Chancellor of Symbiosis International University for his contribution at the International Level in the field of Ayurveda. This award will be presented to him at a function scheduled on September 6 at Johns Hopkins university , USA
- At Marina, an ‘apolitical’ protest & an unresisting government short-circuit due process
- Protests against Donald Trump have united diverse groups
- Saudi Arabia alliance against terrorism enables Islamabad to re-establish goodwill with Riyadh
- Region is eager to see India return to its role as major economic & security partner
- Rumblings in police ranks are warning: Grievance redressal mechanisms need revisiting
- Bihar govt’s decision to put 50% reservations in judicial services is step long overdue