Health matters: Saving the Girl Child
- Navy officer dies on board INS Kolkata off Mumbai
- SC calls Sahara proposal an âinsultâ, Subrata Roy to stay in jail till March 11
- I'm not a terrorist, Modi should have met me: Arvind Kejriwal
- Modi to hold 'Chai Pe Charcha' on women empowerment on Saturday
- SC issues notice to Centre on Kiran Reddy's PIL against creation of Telangana
Dr Sudha Kankriya, an opthalmologist and activist working to save the girl child was presented with the Ahilyabai Holkar award instituted by the Department of Women and Child Welfare of the state government. Ahmednagar district collector, Dr Sanjeev Kumar presented the award. Nearly 5000 couples have taken the eighth phera where they have vowed to have a girl. Kankriya has helped rename several girls who had names such as 'Nakoshi, which means unwanted.
Say No to Tobacco