Health matters: Saving the Girl Child
- India’s surgical strikes along LoC show intent to act strongly against terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls up Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror'
- PM Modi holds Cabinet Committee on Security meeting; Rajnath, Jaitley, Doval present
- Narendra Modi's review meet on MFN status to Pak postponed to next week
- Day after sharing terror information with Pakistan, NIA revises details
Dr Sudha Kankriya, an opthalmologist and activist working to save the girl child was presented with the Ahilyabai Holkar award instituted by the Department of Women and Child Welfare of the state government. Ahmednagar district collector, Dr Sanjeev Kumar presented the award. Nearly 5000 couples have taken the eighth phera where they have vowed to have a girl. Kankriya has helped rename several girls who had names such as 'Nakoshi, which means unwanted.
Say No to Tobacco
A quitline to support gutka and other tobacco users to quit successfully is now available in the form of a National Tobacco Cessation Quitline, 1800 227787. If needed, tobacco users can also receive on ground doctor support through local Tobacco Intervention Initiative (TII) centers. All tobacco users, including gutka chewers and beedi or cigarette smokers, who are struggling to quit or suffering from intense withdrawal symptoms, can seek professional support from this quit infrastructure, thereby dramatically increasing their chances of successfully quitting. The National Tobacco Cessation Quitline was launched by Nicorette®, global leader in tobacco cessation products. This quitline is designed to help tobacco users by answering their queries, formulating a personalised quit plan depending on their tobacco consumption pattern and supporting them through the entire 12 week journey of quitting tobacco through a combination of phone calls, SMSs, emails and educational material.
- The emergence of Akhilesh Yadav as a popular leader is an indicator of the same-old in the SP
- Poverty caused by expenditure on health has doubled in India in the past 15 years
- India’s aggressive response to Nawaz Sharif’s lies at the UN was a clear indicator of the things to come
- People, policymakers can be led by subtly influencing their choice architecture
- Edit - Defining moment
- Edit - Come clean