Health matters: Saving the Girl Child
- Manish Sisodia announces key ministries of Delhi Cabinet
- Maken hits back at Sheila Dikshit, says result extension of 2013 mandate
- Voter lists in hand, Hindu Mahasabha looks for Christians, Muslims on Valentine’s Day
- Child, nurse, wife on vacation among 9 killed as train derails
- In Baramati, Narendra Modi says Sharad Pawar a 'helpful veteran leader'
Dr Sudha Kankriya, an opthalmologist and activist working to save the girl child was presented with the Ahilyabai Holkar award instituted by the Department of Women and Child Welfare of the state government. Ahmednagar district collector, Dr Sanjeev Kumar presented the award. Nearly 5000 couples have taken the eighth phera where they have vowed to have a girl. Kankriya has helped rename several girls who had names such as 'Nakoshi, which means unwanted.
Say No to Tobacco