Health matters: SES launched
- 20 jawans feared dead as Naxals attack CRPF convoy in Chhattisgarh
- Missing Malaysia airline: Man travelling on stolen passport identified as Iranian
- Bhagwat cautions RSS cadres against crossing limits for BJP
- Arvind Kejriwal accused of influencing TV interview
- Dalit teen canât pay to cheat in exam, immolates himself
Xcyton Diagnostics, a diagnostic product development company with a focus on molecular biology has recently launched the Syndrome Evaluation System (SES) that detects an array of diseases within seven hours, including blood stream infections like dengue and chikungunya. It detects RNA viruses - which cause seasonal fevers - within seven hours as compared to 72 hours in conventional tests and has a higher accuracy of 75 per cent. It also works out to be more cost effective as patients avoid multiple testing and have reduced ICU stay.
Recently conducted clinical trials by Australia-based UNEX Corporation for their new product in India, Slim Asia, a healthy weight loss programme, has garnered positive results. Obese and diabetic patients participating in the professionally run clinical trials lost an average of six kg over 90 days of using the Slim Asia Programme. Nicholas Grogan, project coordinator (India), Slim Asia, at a press conference held on Monday said, "The sedentary lifestyle of individuals in India has become one of the key reasons for obesity, and the related disorders. With the launch of Slim Asia, the effort was to help maximum patients of diabetes and obesity to create a change for betterment through this initiative."
Interacting with perts helps people enjoy happier and healthier lives and strengthens the communities in which they live, according to Dr Sandra McCune, programme manager, Human Animal Interaction Research, WALTHAM Centre for Pet Nutrition from UK, who was in Pune recently. She spoke on the art and science of human-animal interaction. She said, "Whether it is increasing our level of physical activity, alleviating depression or improving a child's sense of self-esteem, having a pet is good for you."
- Eight held for ‘attacking’ Dalit wedding procession in Sabarkantha
- 90 airports on alert to check movement of cash ahead of elections
- Notices to 23 hospitals for withdrawing facility
- Sindhis threaten to move HC if Sindhu Sagar not cleaned
- In Mumbai, teacher’s love story with student ends in her arrest
- Govt dismisses AAP allegations
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- Kejriwal Gujarat tour: The unfamiliar politician | The Indian Express