Health ministry kept in the dark on move to Singapore
- FIR against Giriraj Singh for Modi-Pak remark, BJP pulls him up
- Modi attacks Gandhis again, wonders how Rahul can lead country when he can't handle Amethi
- Malaysian Airlines flight to Bangalore makes air turnback, lands safely
- Vote for BSP to keep fascist forces, dynasty rule at bay: Mayawati to Muslims
- IPL 7 Live Score, RR vs KXIP: Miller blitzkrieg enables KXIP to pull off second succesful run-chase
"Till quite late on Wednesday evening the update from Safdarjung had been very negative, and we left office with a sense of foreboding. However, at around 9 pm, I started getting calls that she would be shifted abroad. It is possible that the girl's worsening condition forced the government's hand but the secrecy is baffling," said a senior official.
Though Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit was among the first to suggest the idea of treatment abroad, her office too was not informed till late evening.