Healthcare is top priority: Noida Authority
- India’s surgical strikes along LoC show intent to act strongly against terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls up Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror'
- PM Modi holds Cabinet Committee on Security meeting; Rajnath, Jaitley, Doval present
- Narendra Modi's review meet on MFN status to Pak postponed to next week
- Day after sharing terror information with Pakistan, NIA revises details
Senior Noida Authority officials said they plan to make health services the top priority. In a board meeting on Friday, the Authority announced a host of measures relating to the upgradation of health services in the area.
Education and schools were the top priority during the regime of the BSP government, and several schools were set up with a special emphasis on EWS students. The need to improve health services was keenly felt, officials said.
"With the boom in the real estate sector, the population in Noida and Greater Noida is always increasing. So far, there was only one district hospital in Sector-30, which catered to both areas. The hospital was severely overburdened. There was a lack of training facilities locally as well, which resulted in people going to private clinics. This led to a rise in unauthorised clinics in residential areas. They were removed in a drive that begun in May 2012, after a Supreme Court order that asked them to shift because they were violating clauses of land use," a senior Noida Authority official said.
On Friday, at a briefing after the Board meeting, officials said a new super-speciality hospital would be set up on a 14,000 sqm plot in Noida Sector-39. It will have a capacity of 220 beds. "This will have a trauma centre and will be equipped with modern medical equipment. A new district hospital in Greater Noida will start functioning in August. It will help reduce the burden on Kailash Hospital," the official said.
Ambedkar Hospital, which acts as the district hospital, will be converted into a paediatric hospital as well as a medical college, officials said.
- The emergence of Akhilesh Yadav as a popular leader is an indicator of the same-old in the SP
- Poverty caused by expenditure on health has doubled in India in the past 15 years
- India’s aggressive response to Nawaz Sharif’s lies at the UN was a clear indicator of the things to come
- People, policymakers can be led by subtly influencing their choice architecture
- Edit - Defining moment
- Edit - Come clean