- 15 security personnel killed as Naxals attack CRPF convoy in Chhattisgarh
- Malaysia military believes it has tracked missing jet over Strait of Malacca
- Bhagwat cautions RSS cadres against crossing limits for BJP
- Narendra Modi's new found love for Bihar a ploy to win votes: Nitish Kumar
- Dalit teen canât pay to cheat in exam, immolates himself
Food should take care of your health and also satisfy your taste buds, feels Dharmadhikari
While celebrities usually have a nutritionist-made-and-secretary-checked diet regime to be shared in public, Actor, Sameer Dharmadhikari, had no qualms about sharing his love for gulab jamuns with creamy curds and jalebis with buttermilk.
While like any health conscious person, Dharmadhikari makes sure that he takes a lot of fluids during summers, but he also takes care that taste is not compromised, as eating is all about satisfying oneself and not punishing.
"I prefer varan-bhaat during summers, which is filling and non-spicy. Though I love to have mutton, during summers I eat a lot of fish and green vegetables," says the actor, who loves to eat spinach and fenugreek.
He believes that keeping oneself hydrated can solve all heat related problems. "Though nariyal paani is highly recommended, I am more of a nimbu paani guy. The best however is to keep sipping normal water throughout, which I regularly do. Nimbu paani, not only helps me to restore salt and glucose loss of the body but also keeps the body cool and its tangy taste has a refreshing effect," he says.
However, simple food does not necessarily end with a bland dessert, as he finds it difficult to say no to Indian sweets. He feels that Indian sweets are not as bad as projected as they also have some nutrients like calcium and proteins in them. He also recommends fruits, as one of the ways of beating the heat and remaining healthy.
"Summers for me is all about lot of water, watermelon and simple home food," says Dharmadhikari, adding, "I am more into Indian food, so I prefer hot piping jalebis with cool chaas to ice creams, which I have occasionally, when I go out with my daughter. I love to combine gulab jamun, rosogulla or kala jamun with curd. For the calories, I burn it out in the gym," he signs off.
- Eight held for ‘attacking’ Dalit wedding procession in Sabarkantha
- 90 airports on alert to check movement of cash ahead of elections
- Notices to 23 hospitals for withdrawing facility
- Sindhis threaten to move HC if Sindhu Sagar not cleaned
- In Mumbai, teacher’s love story with student ends in her arrest
- Govt dismisses AAP allegations
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- Kejriwal Gujarat tour: The unfamiliar politician | The Indian Express