DA case: Hearing on Jaganmohan Reddy's bail plea likely today
- Mad rush, chaos as Arvind Kejriwal takes local train to woo 'aam aadmi' in Mumbai
- SC defers hearing on Sahara's plea on releasing Subrata Roy
- IAF aircraft on standby for missing Malaysian Airlines search ops
- Presidential delay in mercy petitions: SC won't reconsider verdict
- Lalu loyalist-turned rebel Ram Kripal Yadav joins BJP
A special CBI court in Hyderabad is likely to hear the bail plea of jailed YSR Congress chief YS Jaganmohan Reddy on Wednesday in a case related to alleged quid-pro-quo investments in his companies.
The court had earlier posted the matter for hearing on September 18 after the CBI requested for more time to file its counter affidavit on Jagan's bail petition.
The Kadapa MP had on September 11, 2013 moved the special CBI court seeking bail on the ground that the four-month deadline set by the Supreme Court for completion of investigation by the CBI into the case against him ended on September 9.
The central agency on September 10 filed three more charge sheets against the Kadapa MP and others. With this, eight charge sheets have been filed in the case till now.
Jaganmohan, arrested by the CBI on May 27, 2012 on charges of amassing disproportionate assets, has been lodged in Chanchalguda Central Prison here. He is in judicial remand till September 20.
CBI had earlier informed the court that it would file a final charge sheet within a few days.
In the bail plea, filed through his counsel, Jagan said that in view of the ongoing agitation in coastal Andhra and Rayalaseema regions regarding bifurcation of Andhra Pradesh, there was a need for him to be with the people and lead the stir as a leader of a political party.
The Supreme Court had on May 9, rejected Jagan's bail plea and directed the CBI to complete investigation and file charge sheet within four months.
The case relates to alleged investments made by private firms and individual investors in Jagan's companies as a quid-pro-quo for government favours when his father, late Y S Rajasekhara Reddy, was Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister.
- Rs 1.28 lakh looted at gunpoint
- Venkaiah Naidu sure of BJP crossing ‘magic figure’ in south India
- AAP candidates truly ‘aam aadmi’: Prithvi Reddy
- Bangalore fund-raiser: Dine with Arvind Kejriwal for Rs 20,000
- AAP sounds Gul Panag about Lok Sabha poll, father says decision soon
- The real high and low: Drunk cop creates ruckus in court, held